Friday, October 10, 2008

My take on a bunch of new TV shows

This season hasn't been so great for TV. Maybe it's the lingering effects from the writers' strike, or the fears of an actors' strike, or the fact that fiction can't compete with the incredible tragi-comedy that is the 2008 election.

Eleventh Hour: Liked it the first time I saw it. When it was called House.

I've watched a bunch of pilots and premieres and am prepared to share my thoughts with the world:

Kath and Kim: Better in Australia. Wa-a-a-a-y better. Molly Shannon, why aren't you funny anymore? Selma Blair...where have you been? 'Cause you can go back there.

My Own Worst Enemy: It's bold to put "worst" in your title. I liked the Russian hottie in the opening sequence. But I think I'll watch Chuck instead. Or any James Bond movie.

Crusoe: Another delicious actress, this time playing a pirate wench. Could she and Natasha from MOWE just have their own show?

The Ex List: I bet I would like this show if I was a chick. Or Israeli. No offense intended! It's adapted from an Israeli show! Just like KiK is from Australia and EH is from Britian. See a pattern?

Knight Rider: Val Kilmer sounds stoned, I don't like the leading guy (whatever his name is) and the show feels like one long Ford commercial. About as bad as Bionic Woman, another action show NBC ruined by remaking.

True Blood: Vampires = gays. I get it. So is The L Word really about werewolves?

Sanctuary: I'm beginning to feel that Battlestar Galactica (and possibly Doctor Who) is an exception to the rule. The rule being that everything on the Sci-Fi Channel is crap.

Disagree? Have more bad shows to add to the list? Let me hear it.

No comments: